Video Poll: Real Issues Affecting America's Kids
How much do you know about the issues facing U.S. kids and youth? On Saturday October 30, Voices for America’s Children got the chance to ask voters their thoughts on the hard hitting issues facing families and young people today. Here’s what we learned:
Voters underestimate the severity of the challenges our country’s children face every day. Things like:
- Nearly one in four children lives at risk of hunger;
- One in three children are either overweight or obese;
- One in ten kids are uninsured;
- Only one in three fourth-graders reads at a “proficient” level; and
- One in five children lives in poverty.
Also check out Voices' Vote Kids First Blog Carnival where we round-up blogs posts concerning the issues most affecting our kids: obesity and hunger, health care, education and poverty.