Mistakes Kids Make: Video & Interactive Action Campaign

Mistakes Kids Make is a storytelling project to remind us that the mistakes kids make should not ruin the rest of their lives or the lives of families. Should kids be held kids accountable for their actions? Yes. Should we teach kids responsibility? Absolutely. Do we need to help kids become their better selves? Yes. But not at the cost of their chance for a good education, a good job and a healthy, productive life as they grow.

Only 5 percent of kids who get arrested have commited a violent crime. But the other 95 percent often face the same consequences.

Too many kids get hit with one-size-fits-all policies that focus solely on the mistake made, instead of the kid involved.. Hundreds of thousands of kids each year get trapped by unforgiving and outdated policies instead of being held accountable while also getting support to learn from their mistakes .. and help prevent them from making more or worse mistakes in the future.

The Mistakes Kids Make project teaches everyone --teachers, parents, lawmakers, judges or anyone who remembers what it's like to be a kid -- that all kids deserve to get the support and services that can help them make better decisions in the future.

Watch their video here, and click the link below to check out their interactive campaign.  Share your story of things you remember doing as a kid, read success stories of how people overcame their childish habits and found great success, and sign the pledge to make a commitment to the youth in your community.

 

 


#

tags